- Supports The Digestion System
- Supports Bile Secretion
- Supports Liver Health
- Supports Pancreas Secretions
- Supports Stomach Secretions
- Supports Central Nervous System
- Sourced From Italy
- Aged Properly
Cascara Sagrada Specifications:
- Comes with a .15 CC scoop
- Other ingredients: Maltodextrin
Other Names For Cascara Sagrada:
Cascara, Rhamnus Purshiana, California Buckthorn, Sacred Bark, Chittum Bark, Chitticum, Bitter Bark, Bearberry, Persian Bark
Ray Peat on Emodin which is one of the main ingredients of Cascara:
“Emodin has an opposing effect, increasing the metabolic rate. It increases mitochondrial oxygen consumption and ATP synthesis, while decreasing oxidative damage.”
For more in depth information on Cascara Sagrada please see this post.
Origins of Cascara Sagrada:
Cascara Sagrada is Spanish for “sacred bark” and was used for centuries
by Native Americans. Cascara contains compounds called anthraquinones.
Cascara is an extract from the dried, aged bark of Rhamnus Purshiana, a
species of buckthorn tree or shrub native to North America. When the
Spanish conquerors came along, they were introduced to Cascara Sagrada
and gave it one of its common names – “Sacred bark” because of its
- Not for use in pregnancy or lactation. The safety of Cascara Sagrada has not been studied in pregnant and lactating women.
- You should not use this Cascara Sagrada with intestinal obstruction,
abdominal pain, inflammatory condition of the intestines, Crohn’s
disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, appendicitis, without first
consulting a trained physician.
- Not recommended for children. Please consult a trained physician for further guidance.
- For occasional use only.
educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by
the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not meant to
diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Cascara is a staple in my herbal arsenal. It gets things moving just as effectively as Epsom salt or magnesium citrate but without the harshness. Taken with encapsulated oil of oregano, it will knock out any harmful intestinal microbes. I find the combination to be as powerful as prescription antibiotics but without the side effects.