$29.99 – $399.99
- Supports Energy Production
- Supports The Digestion System
- Supports Bile Secretion
- Supports Liver Health
- Supports Pancreas Secretions
- Supports Stomach Secretions
- Supports Central Nervous System
- Sourced From Italy
- Properly Aged
Cascara Sagrada Specifications:
- Comes with a .15 CC scoop
- Other ingredients: Maltodextrin
Other Names For Cascara Sagrada:
Cascara, Rhamnus Purshiana, California Buckthorn, Sacred Bark, Chittum Bark, Chitticum, Bitter Bark, Bearberry, Persian Bark
Ray Peat on Emodin which is one of the main ingredients of Cascara Sagrada:
“Emodin has an opposing effect, increasing the metabolic rate. It increases mitochondrial oxygen consumption and ATP synthesis, while decreasing oxidative damage.”
For more in depth information on Cascara Sagrada please see this post.
Origins of Cascara Sagrada:
Cascara Sagrada is Spanish for “sacred bark” and was used for centuries by Native Americans. Cascara contains compounds called anthraquinones. Cascara is an extract from the dried, aged bark of Rhamnus Purshiana, a species of buckthorn tree or shrub native to North America. When the Spanish conquerors came along, they were introduced to Cascara Sagrada and gave it one of its common names – “Sacred bark” because of its incredible effectiveness.
- Not for use in pregnancy or lactation. The safety of Cascara Sagrada has not been studied in pregnant and lactating women.
- You should not use this Cascara Sagrada with intestinal obstruction, abdominal pain, inflammatory condition of the intestines, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis, appendicitis, without first consulting a trained physician.
- Not recommended for children. Please consult a trained physician for further guidance.
- For occasional use only.
*For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
happy with the product. works well for me
My order was delivered quickly, well packaged, and with the dosing spoon. I found it hard to figure out the correct dosage for myself, terrible taste and long-term after taste, and had uncomfortable immediate effects. Unfortunately, I haven't taken anymore since the first week.
Very happy with this product.
Not too sure yet
Top notch product
Cascara Sagrada is safe and effective.
It takes a few days to figure out the amount you need, but once you do....its does work!
This is by far the best Cascara I have yet encountered on the market. The effects where very balanced and pronounced in terms of the reduction in intestinal inflammation after about a half a week of usage. Thank you LifeGivingStore:)
Haven't tried yet.
But great to know it's there if needed.